FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: April 20, 2018
Contact Person: Shannon Forshee
Info: (989) 879-5199
(Pinconning) Camp Fish Tales will be hosting its Spring Open House on May 20, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at its Pinconning location. Refreshments will be available, including a hot dog bar, snacks, and drinks. Guests will enjoy a number of outdoor activities, including golf cart tours of the property, pontoon rides, a rock wall, and crafts. Anyone interested in learning more about camp is encouraged to attend!
In addition to the regularly scheduled activities, the Camp Fish Tales board will be conducting a number of ribbon cuttings on renovated, newly built, and planned additions to the facilities. Numerous community donors have generously contributed to the improvements at camp and will be honored at the ceremonies; including, Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation, Strosacker Foundation, Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation, Dow Corning Foundation, Saginaw Society for Crippled Children, Leadership Bay County, Lions Clubs of Midland and Bay City, Jean and Donald Massnick, the LaTulip Family, the late Mary Ellery, Don Wackerle, the Thelen family, and the Community Wishes Gala of Midland.
Camp Fish Tales is a barrier-free, accessible camp located on 67 acres located on the corner of Erickson and Old State Road between Pinconning and Linwood. Camp Fish Tales serves individuals of all ages with varying types of disability in order to ensure an enjoyable and enriching experience for all campers.
For more information regarding Camp Fish Tales, or to register a camper, please visit www.campfishtales.org or call (989) 879-5199.
Click here for additional information.
We will be hosting our 2016 Spring Open House on Saturday, May 20 from 11 AM-2 PM. There will be an introduction from the Directors at 11:15 AM and tours will start at 11:30 AM.
This event is free and open to the public. Come tour Camp Fish Tales and learn about camp’s programs and activities for campers.
Camp Fish Tales would like to invite the community and all prospective campers and their families to camp for an opportunity to meet the camp staff, take a tour, play some games, and answer any questions that they may have about camp. Everyone is welcome to tour the facility, activity areas, cabins, and more!
- Camp Fish Tales is a 100% barrier-free, wheelchair accessible camp.
- In 1993 Camp Fish Tales opened a one-week, overnight, camp at Saginaw Valley State University. In 1996, Camp Fish Tales opened its present location near Pinconning in mid-Michigan.
- Camp offers one-week residential program sessions throughout the summer for individuals of all ages who are physically and or mentally challenged.
- Respite programs are held off-season.
- Seasonal/special events take place throughout the year at CFT.
- Camp Fish Tales provides rental use of its facilities for corporate retreats and conferences, family reunions, weddings, showers and other group, family or business functions.
TRY THE NEW ROCK CLIMBING WALL!
Food will be served